USER PROVIDED INFORMATION
Personal information provided to 108Medical Ltd by you will only be used for the purposes stated when the information is requested, such as creating a self-referral. Information received by external referrers related to you will be treated similarly.
Please be assured that personal information will not be sold to third parties, or provided to direct marketing companies or other such organisations without your express permission. Personal information collected and/or processed by 108Medical Ltd is held in accordance with the provisions of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) 2018.
We work hard to protect 108Medical Ltd, our systems and our users from unauthorised access to or unauthorised alteration, disclosure or destruction of information that we hold. In particular:
- We review our information collection, storage and processing practices, including physical security measures, to guard against unauthorised access to systems and data.
- We restrict access to personal information to 108Medical employees, contractors and agents who need to know that information in order to process it for us and who are subject to strict contractual confidentiality obligations. They may be disciplined or their contract terminated if they fail to meet these obligations.
- We encrypt any sensitive data that needs to be provided outside of 108Medical for both agents and patients.
ACCESSING AND UPDATING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
The General Data Protection Regulation gives you the right to access information held about you. We aim to provide you with access to your personal information. We want to make sure that your personal information is accurate and up to date. You may ask us to correct or remove information you think is inaccurate – unless we have to keep that information for legitimate business or legal purposes.
To do so, please contact our Data Protection Officer using email:email@example.com
HOW WE STORE INFORMATION COLLECTED
Information which you provide to us will be stored either on our secure servers or our Medical System provider Meddbase, whose servers are hosted in London who complies with all EU privacy regulations including GDPR.
Please note: we may be legally obliged to disclose your personal information to third parties if we are under a duty to disclose or share such information as necessary in order to prevent and detect crime, protect public funds and make sure the personal information is accurate. These third parties include government departments, local authorities and some private sector organisations, but this will only be in the exceptional circumstances listed above.
COMPLIANCE AND COOPERATION WITH REGULATORY AUTHORITIES
What are cookies?
Cookies are tiny text files that are transferred to your computer when you visit websites. They can be used to enhance your experience on a particular website, for example, they may be used in conjunction with your shopping cart on an ecommerce site, or they may simply be used for marketing purposes to monitor site usage and activity.
What do cookies do?
- On ecommerce sites, cookies can store the contents of your shopping basket as you proceed through checkout.
- Enable you to ‘log in’ facility to a profile account so you can see information relating to your account and manage your details.
- Record the areas in our site you have visited and for how long, as well as which pages you have viewed and your progress through the site. This to help us improve our website so that it’s easy to use and navigate.
Are cookies safe?
- Yes – they don’t harm your computer.
- Yes – they do not contain any information that could be used by others to identify you personally.
- Yes – they do not contain any confidential details such as your email address or payment details.
Can I turn cookies off?
If you would prefer not to have cookies from my website stored on your computer, you can change the settings on your website browser. You can find out how to do this in the ‘Help’ section of your browser, via the menu bar or visiting http://civicuk.com/cookie-law/browser-settings where there are details about how to manage cookies.
Google Analytics allows us to:
- To understand how visitors use the site, as well as provide valuable information about devices used and where in the world you have visited us from
- Help identify any errors so we can fix them.
- Gather information which helps us continually improve our website.
The data collected is completely anonymous, there is no personal information to identity a visitor stored or recorded.
To remember your chosen settings, a cookie will be stored in your current browser. If you delete all cookies from your browser, you will have to update these settings again.
If you use a different device, different account on your PC or a different browser, you will need to set your preference for them too. The settings you have chosen today will only apply to device and browser you are using now.